Founded in 1979, to promote the welfare of communities throughout the country and to lessen the burdens of federal, state and local governments by:
- Assisting their law enforcement agencies in the apprehension and conviction of criminals, primarily through the establishment and support of new and existing state and local Crime Stopper Programs.
- Training and advising law enforcement personnel and others who participate in such programs.
- Helping to motivate members of the public to cooperate with their respective law enforcement agencies.
- Stimulating and encouraging the flow of information to, among and between various law enforcement agencies.
- Creating and circulating films, video and sound tapes, and printed material about crime prevention and Crime Stopper Programs, and otherwise promoting such programs.
- Visiting places where existing or potential Crimestopper Programs are located to advise concerning the operation thereof.
Midlands Crimestoppers programs include an anonymous tipster hotline, a "Most Wanted" program in finding fugitive felons, promoting Student Crimestoppers programs in area high schools and college campuses, and the creation of other programs to help local law enforcement.
Midlands Crimestoppers consistently gives out over $35,000 in rewards to anonymous tipsters every year. Our apprehension rate for wanted fugitive felons averages 85%.
Who We Are
To develop as an effective crime-solving organization throughout the world, with the primary objective of this tri-partite organization, Community, Media, and Law Enforcement, "Working Together to Solve Crime."
DO NOT attempt to approach, detain, follow or arrest any individual based on this web site's information. As information becomes dated it may become less accurate. Because some wanted persons are being sought for crimes of violence, or are known to be armed, all wanted persons should be considered dangerous. If you have information regarding the identity or whereabouts of any wanted person immediately contact Crimestoppers or notify your local law enforcement agency.Site Design & Maintenance:
Â© Copyright Midlands Crimestoppers. All Rights Reserved.